Air Force JROTC Academy at Acadiana High School
Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (JROTC)
Develop citizens of character who are dedicated to serving their nation and community.
Instill values of citizenship; promote service to the community; develop self-discipline and a sense of accomplishment.
Acadiana High School cordially welcomes you to the Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFJROTC) Academy! The Academy offers students the skills of leadership, discipline, problem-solving, citizenship, and cooperation which are infused throughout the classes. The attitude and atmosphere prepares our graduates to become leaders in today's world. The JROTC Academy consistently produces successful young adults and productive citizens while fostering a constructive yet disciplined learning environment.
- Eligible candidate for Air Force scholarship
- Wear the Air Force JROTC uniform once a week in accordance with Air Force standards
- Develop a behavior of serving the community
- Graduates prepared to excel in post-secondary options and career pathways
- Entitled to advanced promotion upon initial enlistment in the Armed Forces
- Value the role of the military and other service organizations
- Summer Cadet Leadership Course training camp - to enhance leadership potential
- Field trips and educational opportunities to military installations
Colleges, Careers, and Beyond - Building Leaders for Tomorrow!
Point of Contact: Tina Viltz-Flucas, Master Sergeant (Retired), Academy Director
Kenneth Alsandor, Master Sergeant (Retired), Academy Asst. Director
- Application required
- Attend a mandatory group interview